Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Mütter Museum Identity Manual

This is the second large project in Visual Identities, where the assignment was to create an entire identity manual for a Museum of some sort. I chose the Mütter Museum in Philadelphia as my institution. Originally I wanted to make something that referenced the Caduceus but in an altered and perverted form to show both the science, grotesqueness, and downright badassery of the museum. This was a bit too hard and too abstract, so therefore I just chose a recognizable object from the museum and made it into a logo.

These pages are excerpts from the completed identity manual:

The logo with clearspace


Logo variations and colors. Had alot of fun with the variations, not so much with the color data.
A common errors page.

And a Business card template. These aren't particularly clever or poetic, I feel, as I tried to encapsulate the creative direction of the identity through brute force.

I designed stationary and envelopes as well, but they weren't particularly interesting.

No comments: