Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A flyer I did yesterday for Devin Kenny and Daniel Oh's show on the 7th. Devin wanted elements that referenced current events. The economic meltdown and the election of 2008 are the big events I tried to incorporate both of them here, along with global warming and the decline of the American Empire. I tried to make the red stripes both the stripes of the flag, the declining line of a graph, and a tidal wave. With the names and times I tried to reference both a bar graph and skyscrapers. The blue was kind of a last-minute thing, because I wanted to get all the colors of the flag. It made this look too much like the comedy central logo, but I think it's a reasonable tradeoff.

Also, anyone know good uses for the envelope distort in illustrator? I had to use it alot in this and it was a gigantic pain in the ass.

No comments: