Thursday, July 31, 2008

This is a poster I designed in collaboration with Devin Kenny for a gig he is performing on the 8th of August. Devin wanted something that would 1). advertise a show about gameboy music without relying on the usual symbols, and 2). Make his name really prominent. I make pretty terrible graphic design, most of the time, and I feel like this plays to my strengths. Grids are boring and so are most "mainstream" fonts, so I just dug up a rather plain, classical font (Baskerville) and tried to destroy both my grid and the letter forms. Overall it's a lazy effort that turned out much better than most of my serious efforts.

Oh, and the image is from Volume 2 of the Akira manga. It's the room where all the telekinetic subjects live. We touched it up a bit and changed the colors around. We chose it because it was nondescript but from a very awesome source.

No comments: